Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chocolate Bliss Birthday

In the past when I was invited to a gathering, folks wanted me to bring my salad and homemade poppy seed dressing. They loved the dressing and when I make a salad, I put everything in but the kitchen sink. Now, when there are gatherings, I tend to be the one baking and bringing the cake...go figure!

At any rate, my friend is celebrating his birthday and some of our friends wanted to get him a cake...guess who is in charge of that task?! I know that Gray LOVES all things chocolate, so I made him a scrumptious milk chocolate cake with strawberry filling and chocolate buttercream icing. It should be a real crowd pleaser!


How I Decorated This Cake:

To decorate this cake, I used tip #17 for the shell border on the top and bottom edge of the cake. I used tip #2D to make the swirl flowers and used tip #17 again to put the brown star in the middle of the flower, then tip #4 to put the yellow dot in the middle of the star. I continued using tip #4 to make the dots along the side of the cake and finished off with tip # 352 to make the leaves at the base of each flower.

I also baked a butter pecan cake and used chocolate buttercream as the filling in between the two cake layers. I have the white icing base on the cake, but have not finished decorating it. I plan to decorate this cake with lots of beautiful flowers in vibrant yellow, orange and pink colors. I will be sure to post pictures of this cake later once I complete it.

Anybody got a celebration coming up and need a special cake? Bring it on! I would love to help make it even better with one of the sweetest expressions around...a yummy and beautiful cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment