Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Cake Creation to Remember

Well, it's finished! The big cake project of the week is completed and delivered to the client as of 11:30 this morning. She was THRILLED with the final outcome of my cake design. I hope her mom who turns 88 today enjoys it also.

This cake was so much FUN to work on and complete. It went pretty smooth. My first attempt at the molded letters wasn't so great...it helps if you read directions first! Once my husband pointed out that the directions stated I should have lightly dusted my molds with corn starch, all was good. They second attempt went beautifully!

We had one mishap during delivery with a rose on the side of the hat...it decided to take a leap to the pan half way there. No problem, though. I had extra buttercream and my rose nail with me. We got the cake in place and I just piped out a new one. All was good.

A big thank you to C. Itterman who recommended me for this job and to M. Darradji who allowed me the pleasure to create the sweetest expression for her mom's special 88th birthday!


Check out more photos of this specialtycake project on my Facebook page and on my website at http://www.sweetest-expressions.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment