Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's A Jungle Out There!

I received a request for a birthday cake for a little boy who LOVES Disney Jr.'s Jungle Junction. I created a sheet cake with a nice dirt pathway for the various critters on wheels to travel across. We also made some nice, lush green grass for them to play on.

The critters on wheels included bugs (the brightly-colored balls with antennae on wheels), Ellyvan the elephant and Zooter the pig. Ellyvan was made out of rice crispy treat and then covered in gumpaste. Zooter was made completely out of fondant, as were all of the bugs. For all of the wheels, I took some small cars I purchased at the dollar Store and ripped them to pieces so we could use the wheels on these fun characters. The Jungle Junction signs were made of fondant and then used buttercream to decorate them.

This was a really fun cake to work on and I learned about more Disney characters that I had never heard of before this order. If i keep up the work on these specialty character cakes, I will be ready if and when the good Lord blesses me and my husband with children!

No comments:

Post a Comment