Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Goldwing Fanatic's Birthday!

My father-in-law just celebrated his birthday on March 17. He has got to be the biggest Honda Goldwing fanatic that I know or have ever met. I decided to make him a special birthday cake this year with the Goldwing emblem.

Here is a look at the actual Goldwing emblem. I made mine on black fondant and hand-painted the emblem with gold luster dust mixed with lemon extract. The lemon extract has the highest alcohol content of all the extracts, and therefore dries at a much faster pace than the others.(Just a little free tip for any of you folks wanting to give this a try yourself.)

Anyway, my FIL loves pound cake the best, so I made a 7Up pound cake and then iced it with my own recipe of vanilla buttercream. He LOVED it and I loved watching his face light up when he saw his special cake and took his first bite to realize it was pound cake...just the way he likes it!

Here are a couple of photos of his special Goldwing pound cake:




No comments:

Post a Comment