Friday, September 24, 2010

A Gift of Sophistication

I finished and delivered one of my favorite cake designs to date this afternoon. This cake was for a friend's 50th surprise birthday party and the client asked for a stacked package design in square and black and white. The rest of the design was left up to me, and I throroughly enjoyed working on this one! I think it turned out beuatiful and very classy.

The bottom layer was a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and filling. The top layer was a strawberry cake with strawberry fruit filling and strawberry buttercream icing. The fondant was all vanilla flavored marshmallow fondant made from scratch. I truly hope the client was as thirlled with the look and taste of this cake as I was! I can't wait to see what the next order will bring. The creativity of the design is what keeps me truly excited about cake decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment