Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cupcakes for the Fall

As we begin to welcome in the Fall season, I thought I would bake some cupcakes to get us in the mood and ready.

I started with a spcie cake recipe for my cupcakes and topped them with a creamy and rich cream cheese icing. Then, I took red, yellow and orange fondant and combined them to create the perfect coloring for some fall leaves. Once I got the fondant rolled out, I used some mini cookie cutters to cut out the leaves. I used a toothpick to add in all of the leaf veins to make them even more real-life looking. I put a little bit of golden yellow sugar on top of the cream cheese icing and then topped them off with the beautiful and yummy fall leaves.



The real test will be when I take these to the office and to bible study to see how the real judges weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment